Today's electronic media has brought the world a little closer to us and made how we receive information much easier. From traditional television and radio to corporate video, we rely on broadcast technology to learn.
Employers want technicians who have the technical skills and a high degree of creativity to develop messages that reach the right audience and retain their attention.PROGRAM GOALS: Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Apply skills in audio and video production.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate, using a variety of media.
- Evaluate fundamental electronic media laws and regulations.
- Construct an electronic media sales proposal.
- Apply basic business and management concepts to case studies and projects.
- Plan, research, and budget a project.
- Justify the need for life-long learning to maintain and gain skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems.
- Effectively utilize design concepts and tools to provide digital media communication.
- Provide a multimedia Web site.
Career opportunities in mass media abound for the creative individual. Possibilities include radio announcer, sales representative, sound technician, camera technician, video programmer, plus, with experience in both audio and visual communications.
Students produce audio programs, from music to commercials to news, in the college's own studio. The entire program is reinforced with a business management background.
Successful completion of the Mass Media-Digital Media program leads to an Associate of Applied Business degree.
Contact to LEARN MORE:
Troy Devol, Instructor
740.374.8716 ext. 1715